Monday, May 9, 2011

Beginning...

All of my interest in photography really began when I accepted the position as yearbook adviser for Patterson High School three years ago. Although I am an artistic person and have loved art & floral design since childhood, I never really thought twice about photography. I never thought twice about it until I began to use the yearbook's Nikon d60 cameras. I love pictures and having pictures of my friends and family on my walls, but I was never especially proud of the pictures I took. Entering the world of DSLR photography changed all of that for me. I started off using the automatic settings only and got some cool results. My students really appreciated the photos I took of their events but nothing really stood out as amazing. I decided to buy a new lens and from the moment I snapped it to the front of my camera, I was hooked. I used it for the first time to photograph my favorite sport (soccer) and the images I pulled off my camera of the boy's soccer team were definitely something I could be proud of. From there, I began to explore photography and quickly realized how much there was to learn. Since then, I have worked hard to learn and fill the gaps in my knowledge, to experiment, and to take pictures I could be proud of.

Although the yearbook started it all, I decided that I didn't want to limit myself to sports photography and began to practice with portrait photography. Luckily for me, I had two adorable models for my first photo shoot. My amazing cousin Nicole allowed me to practice on her beautiful children and help to launch me on this photography journey. This is where it began...now it is time to see where it ends up!


The following images were captured on September 18, 2010.









No comments:

Post a Comment